#SAFEscape 101: Hiking Dos and Don'ts
Just like other adventures, a little education and preparation go a long way in helping you make the most of your hiking #SAFEscape. ????
So, here are some dos and don’ts that may help you prepare for your future hiking trip.
1. Research the trail and area before heading out so you know what to expect including their guidelines and safety protocols.
2. Check the weather before you go.
3. Only bring essentials that are necessary such as 1 to 2 litres of water, few snacks, a GPS device, an ID and your personal medication.
4. Pack nutritious snacks like sandwiches, energy bars and trail mix.
5. Make sure you’re wearing proper and comfortable clothing.
6. Tell your family or friends where you’ll be so they would know where you are in case anything goes wrong.
7. On the day of your hike, try and rest a bit at checkpoints and then move forward.
8. ALWAYS stick to the trail.
9. Thank your support crew after the hike is over
1. Don’t injure yourself during the practice. Do enough strength training for neck, shoulders and legs.
2. Don’t push through if the weather is bad.
3. Don’t forget to bring your trail essentials.
4. Don’t wear denim, cotton or flip-flops.
5. Don’t talk much on the trail. Conserve energy but don’t be afraid to communicate if you feel uneasy.
6. Don’t get overexcited. Walk at your own pace so you won’t get tired soon.
7. Don’t walk with earphones on.
8. Don’t litter. Keep your trash with you or in your bag and dispose it off later.
9. Don’t hike alone.
Have a #SAFEscape and don’t forget to check out hiking essentials on the website or at The Travel Club stores nationwide!
Leave a CommentLeave a Reply