#SAFEscape 101: Camping Dos and Don’ts
Sleeping under the stars is not always as simple as it sounds. So before your next camping #SAFEscape, you might want to consider a refresher in campsite basics such as this camping list of dos and don’ts to help you prepare for your trip.
- Do some research on your campsite including their safety protocols, requirements and guidelines, and pet policy and book your stay if necessary.
- Check the weather before you go.
- Pack light and smart. Only bring things that are essential and are enough.
- Bring a few garbage bags and take your trash with you when you leave.
- Check with the campsite if you can have a campfire. If it’s permitted, bring your own firewood.
- Put out your campfire whenever you are not attending it.
- Do check out camp gear and equipment at The Travel Club.
- Don’t arrive at your campsite without doing your research.
- Don’t push through if thunderstorms are forecasted.
- Don’t overpack.
- Don’t leave your trash in a bag next to a bin – it’s dangerous to scavenging wildlife.
- Don’t cut down any wood or tree in your respective campsite.
- Don’t leave your campfire smouldering overnight and unattended.
- Don’t forget to bring your camping essentials.
Be a courteous camper with these helpful tips and don’t forget to drop by your nearest #TheTravelClubPH store or visit us online via www.thetravelclub.ph to shop for your camping gear and essentials from DOD, Montbell and Poler.
Leave a CommentLeave a Reply